Monday, June 16, 2008

Pikes Peak 1 month away!

Pikes peak is about a month away. I am officially starting to gear up for it. The car is at the "shop" getting tended to. I am not going to be performing many mods for this race over what i did for the last one. The car needs a few replacement parts and some cleaning. The radiator and inter cooler are coming off for some sonic cleaning. This will be the last race for these bits. I plan on doing some upgrading for parts that are lighter as well as flow better. this will keep the car cooler and should let it spool up faster. of course this is a good thing. I am adding a few bits to the roll cage to allow it to comply with Pikes Peak rules and make it a bit safer. Other than that not much happening. Replacing the battery with a light weight model. The rear window gets a lexan treatment. Fairly simple stuff. I spoke with Hankook regarding some sort of tire package, but I never heard back. not too surprised really. I already have my tires from BFG so not really stressed about them at the moment. If they are interested in future events I will chat with them while in Colorado as they are one of the sponsors. The Time Attack class looks to be very competitive. I am excited to see how we do. I will continue with updates and pics as they come along.
kj

No comments: