Thursday, October 18, 2007

LA to Laredo in 24

Abel and I left yesterday from home in LA at 8 am. we drove through California, where the state was kind enough to give me a present! I even had to sign it when he gave it to me. We spent the afternoon and early evening driving through Arizona and the very southern tip of New Mexico. We spent the night driving through half of Texas, which turns out to be a huge state. Did not see much though as it was night. It started to get light around 7 am. We pulled into Laredo at 8:10 am and were welcomed by two Studebaker's, one tiger, a original mini and a jag e type. very cool to see those cars in race trim. The trip went without a hitch. Abel has helped me freshen up on my Spanish and I on his English. We pulled in slept for a few hours and then worked on getting the window nets and roll bar padding put in the car. while we were doing that, a new mini and a 60's sting ray corvette pulled in. I expect another 5 to 10 cars through the night and tomorrow. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them. I spoke with Mark and he will be pulling into Laredo tomorrow afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell mark & his bearded friend hi for me!!!

safe travels honey.......

love you lots,
denise

BOB ROHRBACH said...

Godd to hear that all is well. Hope you experience good driving weather. Have fun! All is well in Santa Maria.
R3

Anonymous said...

So how's it going??

Anonymous said...

bad,bad CA cops. So sorry K. You are most definitely in our thoughts...love to goatee man, aka our baby.