Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 1 Practice





Day started at 0215. got the car and me ready and followed Doug and Angelica to the bottom of the mountain by 0330. As would be expected, without Mark I did not know where I was supposed to be on the mountain which meant that I had to pull over and flag people down to ask . they were actually quite helpful and all I had to do was follow another competitor up the hill to where I was supposed to be....which was the section of the mountain with the biggest drop offs. I did 5 or 6 runs progressively getting more comfortable with the the track, I also got some video...oh wait, I didn't apparently without mark I cannot figure out the video camera either. I did well, I kept it on the asphalt and felt fairly comfortable with road and car. Tomorrow will be a bit different as it is my first day on dirt and I will be at the top of the hill. We'll see how well the car tracks on dirt. on the plus side there are a lot of rally drivers here and they are pretty willing to give you tips on what one must do to drive correctly, which is nice. Tomorrow will be a very slow day for me. just going to get used to driving in the dirt and find out if I can drive sideways or not...I have to be up in 4 hours so I will try to continue tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gary Faules said...

Sure wish I was there with you! I posted a nice photo of you on my blog at:

http://lacarrera2007.blogspot.com/2008/07/maybe-ill-just-wait-here-at-hotel.html